You can now support the Settlement through Amazon Smile
We are pleased to say that it is now possible to support the Settlement financially when you do so, by utilising Amazon’s “Smile” service, and selecting the Letchworth Settlement as your chosen charity.
Donate to Save Our Settlement
The Letchworth Educational Settlement is a registered charity (no. 311085) which receives no regular external funding, and as result was greatly affected by the disruption caused by Covid-19.
Despite the arrangements that the new management committee has put in place, and the wonderful amount of money that we have raised so far, the Settlement is still in a very precarious position, and we continue to be enormously grateful for any donations received.
If you would like to make a donation to the Settlement, you can do so by bank transfer, using the details below. This is the most cost effective payment method for the Settlement. However if you would prefer to make a donation using your credit or debit card, please contact the Settlement office on 01462 682828.
Bank Name: CAF
Account Name: Letchworth Educational Settlement
Account Number: 00011799
Sort Code: 40-52-40
Reference: SURNAME GIFT (e.g. BLOGGS GIFT)
We would love to send you a formal thank you for any gift sent via bank transfer, in order to allow us to do this, please drop us an email on [email protected] to let us know to expect it.
If you are a UK tax payer, you can increase the value of your donation by 25% – at no extra cost to you. To do so, please complete the Gift Aid form and send it to [email protected]
To download the form, please click the button below:
Click Here to Download the Settlement’s Gift Aid Declaration Form
Settlement 100 Prize Club
We also run a Settlement 100 Prize Club, which aims to give cash prizes to its members and generate funds for the charity.
Registered with North Hertfordshire District Council (NHDC).
1. Membership: Open to anyone over 18 years of age
- £10 per calendar year, payable in advance, for ten £1 draws.
- Payable either by banker’s order annually on 28th February, or by cash payment by 28th February for March draw onwards. Payable either by banker’s order annually on 28th August, or by cash payment by 28th August for September draw onwards.
- Payment by Banker’s Order is preferred.
- Completed Banker’s Order forms must arrive at The Settlement by 10th February or 10th August.
- Each £10 will purchase a share.
- For each share a number will be allocated.
- All share numbers go into every draw.
- Any number of shares may be purchased.
- A list of members and their shares numbers will be kept at The Settlement for reference.
3. Income and Prizes:
- Of the total income 50% is returned in prizes and 50% goes to The Settlement funds
- Prize distribution will be:
- 35% in ten monthly prizes (no draw in February and August)
- 5% in an additional prize each May
- 10% in an additional prize each November
- Prizes will be paid by bank cheque and handed to, or posted to the winning share holder(s)
- Any bank interest earned is used towards the Prize Club running costs.
4. Draw & Results:
- The draw will take place at, or near, the end of each month except in February and August.
- If a major Settlement event is due to take place near the end of a month, the draw may be made at the event.
- Two or more full members, or staff of the Settlement, will be present at each draw.
- The winner’s numbers and an account for the month will be posted on the Settlement Common Room Notice Board.
- In the event of a dispute, the decision of The Settlement organisers will be final