The Settlement Prize Club aims to give cash prizes to its members and generate funds for The Settlement.
Registered with North Hertfordshire District Council (NHDC).
1. Membership: Open to anyone over 18 years of age
- £10 per calendar year, payable in advance, for ten £1 draws.
- Payable either by banker’s order annually on 28th February, or by cash payment by 28th February for March draw onwards. Payable either by banker’s order annually on 28th August, or by cash payment by 28th August for September draw onwards.
- Payment by Banker’s Order is preferred.
- Completed Banker’s Order forms must arrive at The Settlement by 10th February or 10th August.
- Each £10 will purchase a share.
- For each share a number will be allocated.
- All share numbers go into every draw.
- Any number of shares may be purchased.
- A list of members and their shares numbers will be kept at The Settlement for reference.
3. Income and Prizes:
- Of the total income 50% is returned in prizes and 50% goes to The Settlement funds
- Prize distribution will be:
- 35% in ten monthly prizes (no draw in February and August)
- 5% in an additional prize each May
- 10% in an additional prize each November
- Prizes will be paid by bank cheque and handed to, or posted to the winning share holder(s)
- Any bank interest earned is used towards the Prize Club running costs.
2. Draw & Results:
- The draw will take place at, or near, the end of each month except in February and August.
- If a major Settlement event is due to take place near the end of a month, the draw may be made at the event.
- Two or more full members, or staff of the Settlement, will be present at each draw.
- The winner’s numbers and an account for the month will be posted on the Settlement Common Room Notice Board.
- In the event of a dispute, the decision of The Settlement organisers will be final